Experience and Services
NETCO Construction Project Managers, Inc. was founded in March, 1991, to provide construction management services for public, private, non-profit and institutional clients. Since 1991 we have completed project management assignments including public works/public safety facilities, town halls, libraries, schools, condominiums, retail, specialty foundation and coastal zone environmental and erosion control projects. Our work has included new construction, historic restoration, and adaptive reuse. In completing these projects NETCO personnel have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to organize and work with teams of architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, and regulatory and permitting officials to complete projects for our public and private sector clients.
We specialize in Project Management and are invested in learning and applying new methods and technology. NETCO is one of the first Project Management firms in Massachusetts to invest in infrared camera systems and employ this advanced non-invasive technology to help in pre-design building inspections, construction inspections, commissioning and long-term maintenance planning.
NETCO’s motto, “Getting There Together” is reflected in all aspects of our projects. Our personnel place a premium on building effective team relationships that work to eliminate potential conflicts and emphasize positive and constructive interaction between all project participants. NETCO clients can be assured that our project management personnel will set the following as their primary project goal
- Effective and continual management of the technical aspects of the project
- Development of successful project management relationships
- Project completion within the agreed upon time frame and budget
Infrared thermography is a technology developed a number of years ago by the U.S. Department Defense for use in threat identification and targeting on the battlefield. In the last few years manufacturing advances have decreased the cost of such cameras so they are now within in reach of building professionals. Infrared cameras are now being used to assist in the design, construction and commissioning of all types of buildings. The cameras detect heat differentials to identify patterns, such as moisture, air leaks, thermal transfer that should not be present in a building envelope. These patterns help to identify areas which cannot be seen by the naked eye. Some possible applications include the following:
- water infiltration into wallboard causing mold and rot to occur
- improperly installed window flashing, causing water infiltration under the window
- lack of wall, ceiling or roofing Insulation or where insulation has not been properly installed, or is wet and therefore no longer functioning as designed
- water leaks in membrane roofing in and around roof penetrations, or leaks due to damaged and cracked roofing materials
- air infiltration under walls, in ceiling spaces, or through holes in the building envelopes
- improperly installed framing materials
- electrical shorts in panels and wiring
- locations of blocked or leaky pipes
- locations where concealed radiant floor heating systems may have failed
NETCO is one of the first project management firms in Massachusetts to invest in the infrared camera systems and employ this advanced non-invasive technology to help in pre-design building inspections, construction inspections, commissioning and long-term maintenance planning. NETCO would be pleased to demonstrate the capabilities of the camera and how it can help in your building design and construction process.