Massachusetts School Building Authority Green Repair Program
In March 2010, the MSBA officially launched its one-time, $300 Million Green Repair Program which offered school districts the opportunity to repair or replace roofs, windows and/or boilers in public school facilities that were otherwise structurally, functionally and educationally sound.
Facilities in need of more extensive repair or renovation work were not eligible for the Program.
The Green Repair Program allowed the MSBA to make much needed repairs to more than one school in a district, increasing the efficiency of more schools in less time and improving the learning environments for children and teachers throughout the Commonwealth. In order to maximize the impact of this program, invited districts were required to maintain an aggressive project schedule.
As approved Owner’s Project Managers for the Green Repair Program, NETCO provided Project Management in the following school districts:
- Lowell Public Schools: 7 projects in 4 elementary schools
- Sandwich Public Schools: 4 projects in 2 elementary schools
- Nauset Regional High School, Orleans: 2 projects
- Cape Cod Regional Vocational Technical School, Bourne: 1 project
- Toy Town Elementary School, Winchendon: 1 project